Porcelain Fixed Bridges
Dental porcelain has revolutionized the way dental prosthetics were fabricated in the past. Its exceptional ability to replicate both the shape and function of natural teeth has made it popular among patients looking for cosmetic dental enhancements. Porcelain's longevity, durability, and cosmetic appeal have found it a place in restorative dentistry as well. Porcelain fixed dental bridges are porcelain-based prosthetic dental restoration devices that help in replacing one or more missing teeth. They consist of artificial teeth (pontics) attached to crowns on either both or one side. Porcelain is carefully sculpted to replicate the look of the natural tooth enamel, and both the pontics and crowns are fabricated using this material. The pontics fill in the space left by missing teeth, while the crowns are cemented on to the teeth adjacent to the gap. Porcelain's durability and longevity support the crowns and provide the bridge with a strong base to rely upon. Like any other material-based bridge, they are used to
- Replace missing teeth and improve the aesthetic value of your smile.
- Fill in the gaps left by missing teeth and improve your ability to chew and speak.
- Provide support to the facial contour and make you look younger.
- Improve the bite by evenly distributing the chewing and biting forces.
- Prevent the teeth adjacent to the gap from drifting away from their position.
What are the advantages of porcelain fixed bridges?
The advantages of porcelain fixed bridges are:
- Porcelain fixed bridges not only replace missing teeth but also improve the cosmetic appeal of the smile. They are tooth-colored and lustrous and make the smile look attractive.
- Being tooth-colored, porcelain fixed bridges look natural and are hard to spot in the mouth.
- Porcelain mimics the light-reflecting property of natural teeth and gives teeth a naturally lustrous appearance.
- You can enjoy all kinds of foods with porcelain fixed bridges. Porcelain is stain-resistant and does not get discolored due to foods and beverages like sauce, tea, coffee, vinegar, etc.
- Porcelain is well-tolerated by the gums and tissues. People with metal allergies should choose porcelain fixed bridges for replacing missing teeth.
- Dental porcelain comes in a wide selection of shades. It can be easily color-matched to anyone's teeth.
- Maintaining and caring for a porcelain fixed bridge is quite simple. A regular oral care regime suffices.
- Porcelain fixed brides have it all. They provide longevity, durability, and the aesthetic you desire.
- Porcelain is a flexible material and fits snugly within the established bite pattern.
At Jones and Hindbaugh Dental, the art and technology of modern dentistry are tactfully employed to systematically restore the damage and improve the cosmetic appeal of your smile. Dr. Erica Hindbaugh Jones' and Dr. Russel Jones specialize in creating a coordinated treatment plan to give you a complete smile makeover. Book an appointment with us today for a more youthful and healthy smile.